Blog

Women's Monthly Cycle & Immune Strength


Here’s something super enlightening that many WOMEN don’t know and is huge reason we get symptom flare ups around ovulation, menstruation, as well as before and after pregnancy. This is also why in general women suffer from more health related issues/conditions than men.


I used to always get huge flareups of EBV/strep related symptoms right before my period for years and never put the pieces together prior to reading this info from Medical Medium's first book (now revised and expanded).


⭐️ During MENSTRUATION, 80% of the immune system watches over the reproductive system, leaving only 20% of the immune system to watch over the rest of the body.


⭐️ During OVULATION, 40% of the immune system watches over the reproductive system, leaving 60% to watch over the rest of the body.


⭐️ During PREGNANCY, 50% of the immune system watches over the reproductive system and baby while the other 50% watches over the rest of the body.


⭐️ During CHILDBIRTH, over 90% of the immune system rushes to the reproductive system, leaving 10% through out the rest of the body. After giving birth, that ratio changes over the next 3 days as the woman’s immune system moves on to concentrate around breast milk and starts to balance out more.


⭐️ After giving BIRTH, someone may feel various symptoms such as fatigue, brain fog, aches, pains & depression. The symptoms can go on for months and eventually get labeled as Postpartum Depression when actually awakened Epstein Barr is the frequent reason for postpartum symptoms.


⭐️ In addition to the immune system shift at childbirth, there’s also the exhausting level of adrenaline output needed to push the baby out. Adrenaline is a favorite fuel of viruses and can be a food source for EBV and others, especially if giving birth was really difficult.


⭐️ Overall the big takeaway is that during these cycles in a woman’s life, it is much easier for pathogens to take advantage and cause a wide range of symptoms, both emotional and physical.


💜 I think these insights are SO empowering and have helped me tremendously in my life. I can’t tell you how many clients I have that also unknowingly experience this too, so I knew I had to share.💜

Featured Posts